September 5-8, 2018 | 10:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Loyola Meets the Met Gala: Saturday, September 8, 2018
Details on 2018 Dramatic Voice Symposium:
The Loyola Dramatic Voice Symposium brings together world-renowned artists and teachers in the field of opera to present master classes and lectures for young dramatic singers and teachers of voice. The symposium will help young dramatic singers with their unique needs, including vocal technique, coaching, acting, career development, repertoire, and vocal health. The symposium will also present a wealth of information for teachers of voice who wish to learn more about how to develop and foster young dramatic voices within their own studios. Register online and learn more about guests by clicking here.
- Greer Grimsley, bass-baritone
- Luretta Bybee, mezzo-soprano
- Tyler Smith, tenor
- Carol Rausch, accompanist and coach
- Peter Volpe, bass
- Amy Johnson, soprano
- Keith Chambers, conductor and vocal coach
- Clifton Forbis, tenor
- Vanessa Uzan, artist management, Uzan International Artists
Anyone who wishes to sing in the master classes must audition. The following are the audition requirements:
- Be a singer between the ages of 20-35.
- Register for the Symposium and include a link to a performance video in your online registration. The performance video must consist of three contrasting arias.
- Submit two letters of recommendation to Dr. Tyler Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline to receive all materials is September 1, 2017.
- If selected to sing in the masterclass, the singer must pay an accompanist fee of $50.