Louis J. Roussel Performance Hall
The Louis J. Roussel Performance Hall is located on the second floor of the Communications/Music complex located on the corner of St. Charles and Calhoun Streets. The 589-seat hall can handle a full spectrum of performances from the solo recitals to the full symphony orchestra concerts.
Nunemaker Auditorium is located on the third floor of the the Monroe Science Complex. (located directly behind the Communications/Music Complex) The auditorium is 340-seat lecture/concert hall, which is used for the weekly recital hour, as well as solo and small ensemble performances.
Holy Name of Jesus Church
The Holy Name of Jesus Church is located on the west in of Loyola's campus at 6367 St. Charles Ave. The church is an 800-seat cathedral style church, which boasts wonderful acoustics perfectly suited for choral and organ performances. Holy Name of Jesus Church is the location for the annual Christmas at Loyola music event. Visit website>>
Satchmo’s is in the basement of the Danna Student Center located in the center of the university's main campus. This is an intimate venue, featuring performances by local professional, faculty, and student musicians.
Studios and Labs
- Acoustically-treated faculty studios and individual practice rooms.
- Two computer-assisted piano laboratories designed to allow class instruction on individual electronic piano keyboards.
- A computer music studio with the latest in electronic instruments, computers, and synthesizers.
- Two recording studios featuring Digidesign Protools, Apple Logic Pro, and recording consoles by Solid State Logic and Digidesign. The studios have isolation rooms and a wide selection of microphones and outboard equipment.
- A computerized music theory laboratory with workstations designed to give students access to the latest composition and music theory software.
- A multi-media training center with 31 multi-media stations, each consisting of an Apple computer, MIDI keyboard, and professional creativity software like Adobe Creative Suite, Apple Final Cut studio, Finale, and other top programs. The training center also features dual projection systems and a dedicated server linked via high speed Gigabit Ethernet network to each workstation. Surround sound in 5.1 format is also available.