An Innovative New Program
If you have a passion for the business of creating music, Loyola's Bachelor of Arts in Music Industry Studies is the perfect degree for you.
This degree offers students a solid foundation in intellectual property issues, management, marketing, entrepreneurship, and other key concepts necessary to succeeding in today’s music industry. Students learn through experience in our state-of-the-art recording studios and through immersion in New Orleans, an international creative and cultural destination. With an option for specialization, this degree offers students the flexibility to pursue their area of interest within the cultural economy.
Immerse Yourself in Entertainment
The Bachelor of Arts in Music Industry Studies degree is designed to immerse you in the world of entertainment from your very first semester. With our state-of-the-art facilities, industry-recognized and award-winning faculty, and comprehensive curriculum, you’ll learn exactly how each component of the music industry works — from management and legal issues to technology and distribution.
At a Glance
- Total credit hours in degree: 120
- Credit hours of Loyola Core: 39
- Credit hours of Music Industry Core: 21
- Credit hours of Music Studies: 3
- Credit hours of Forum: 8
- Credit hours of Tech Foundations: 9
- Credit hours of General Electives: 40
2020-2021 degree program course listing (DPCL) coming soon!
Recommended Specialization Tracks Available:
- Audio Production
- Audio Technology
- Commercial Music
- Creative Writing
- Digital Filmmaking
- Digital Media
- Film Studies
- Graphic Design
- Mass Communication
- Music Technology
- Faculty Grammy® Awards: 6
- Faculty Sundance® Awards: 1
- Professional recording studios for student use: 4
- Film production studios for student use: 2
- iMac-based MIDI labs for student use: 1
- Annual student House of Blues showcases: 2